Hardy Marksman Rod | Hardy Fly Rods
“What a glorious blend of functionality, design and aesthetics. The reel is exquisite while the rod is simply faultless. How fortunate we are nowadays to have such products in our sport made from materials to match our needs.” Jeremy Lucas ( England Team Member)
The Hardy Marksman blends the most modern research with classical styling. The key lies in the ultra-smooth blanks giving medium-fast recovery. This combination is perfect for nearly all river and light still water situations. What we’ve done is create an elusive blend: here is a rod that can put out tight loops yet yield gently to the pressure of taking fish. We’ve added ultra-light rod rings which aid the rod’s recovery, vital for casting in the tightest situations. Even the reel seat is exquisitely sculptured and finished in nickel-silver.
With a sumptuous finish,
the Hardy Marksman is an irresistible rod that just has to be used.
Here are some of the Features of your new Hardy Marksman rod:
- A range of advanced – light line rods for use in the most demanding of situations on both still and running water.
- Reach mends, stack mends, parachute casts, curve casts or just straight line casts – the Marksman offers easy loading and produces unparalleled smoothness and control.
- Smooth sharp recovery blank
- Light weight hard wear for improved dampening
- Multi section for ease of transport
- Olive pearl blank
- Unique cut away nickel silver reel fitting reduces weight
- Engraved butt cap
- Carbon tube with neoprene carry system
There is a comprehensive range of Marksman rods – all carefully specified to suit the tasks for which they are designed.
- The 6’ #2 and the 7’ #3 – for supreme delicacy, when fishing small rivers and streams.
- The 8’ #4 – total accuracy and control when targeting wary fish at close to medium range.
- The 9’ #4 and #5 – the complete all-round river rods and perfect for light still water work, for both dry fly and nymph.
- The 10’ #4 and #5 are the ultimate Czech nymphing rods that can also adapt to present a fly at range. The ideal all-around rods for the specialist river or light stillwater angler. Perfect for fishing a light line from a boat.